Jasmine's pond of dreams

Jasmine's pond of dreams

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Artrage makes painting easy

The first two images here were painted on site with acrylic on canvas. I had wanted to paint more realistically however at the time I really didn't understand the components of color- hue, saturation and value. They were completed when I was in college. What I like about these is their spontaneity and aliveness. They feel psychedelic which is fun.

 (CLICK TO ENLARGE)





Artrage studio http://www.artrage.com/artrage-studio.html is a really cool inexpensive painting software. It lets you take a photo and "paint" over it. It picks up the colors automatically. (if you choose to do that.) It has a wide range of brushes and variations. What I love is how it teaches you about color. We don't see what we think we see. You can see some results below which were all based off of photos. 






This last one took about an hour. It would have taken me days to paint this traditionally. Looking at it again, I feel it lacks a clear focal point I might have been stronger to move the group on the right to a more centered position or remove them and make the girl on the foreground blanket the focal point.


No comments:

Post a Comment