Jasmine's pond of dreams

Jasmine's pond of dreams

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Piglet's Big Movie beat boards



Here's a poster we created for Piglet's BIG Movie. I think we didn't use it because Victoria's Secret had the same tag line. Oops!

Below are one set of story beats for Piglet's Big Movie. It's really great being a director because you have all of these incredibly talented people whose job it is to make you look good, I mean make a great movie. Beat boards are kind of like storyboards but they just include the main beats of a story. A movie might have thousands of storyboards but it might have 20 to 100 or so beat boards.

I have wonderful memories of all of the friends I made while working in the hundred acre wood. There's a link to the credits at the end of this blog, but I'll note the artist when I can remember them. I apologize if I don't remember exactly. (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

We can up with the idea of letting the characters draw like children and our Japanese studio did a wonderful job of bringing the crayon drawings to life. I think this design was by Sue Nichols or Robert Sledge.

This one looks like a Robert Sledge drawing.

This whimsical one was by Sue Nichols who storyboarded this opening sequence.


These are the final frames, art directed by Fred Warter.

Robert Sledge

This might have been Sue Nichols or Andrew Austin.


Robert Sledge.




Andrew Austin.


Andrew Austin.

















I think Roo drew this one.


Robert Sledge.

We had such trouble getting this waterfall to look just right. It was one of the very few computer graphic elements used for the movie.

Robert Sledge.


Andrew Austin.




PIGLET'S BIG MOVIE CREDITS There were over several hundred people who contributed to making this such a wonderful film. Thank you all.

The people that I worked with on a daily basis made a BIG impact in my life- Michelle Pappalardo-Robinson my producer and Ferrell Barron- associate producer. Brian Hohlfeld wrote our screenplay.   My right hand was film editor Ivan Bilancio. (I'm left handed.) I feel bad we never got to go surfing together. 
It was incredible watching our composer Carl Johnson at work leading a full symphony orchestra. Also a blast was meeting the voices behind the characters. In the starring role, John Fiedler as Piglet. Jim Cummings as Pooh and Tigger. (He would have conversations between Pooh and Tigger. Mind bending to watch) Kath Soucie as Kanga. Andre Stojka as Owl. Nikita Hopkins as Roo. Peter Cullen as Eeyore. Ken Sansom as Rabbit and Tom Wheatley as Christopher Robin.
And last but not least was Carly Simon who wrote and sang the wonderful songs for our movie. She once asked me if I had a personal project I wanted to complete. I now have an answer- I finished a screenplay and am now in the process of making it a graphic novel. I hope one day she can read it. It's a trauma drama about transforming a life of anxiety.

Oh, bother. I forgot to thank Mr. A.A. Milne.




No comments:

Post a Comment