Jasmine's pond of dreams

Jasmine's pond of dreams

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Entertainment while you wait... A new chapter on creativity

I'm still working on the next segment of Back to the Future. In the meantime, Focal Press just announced that the lost chapter of my book, The Animator's Eye has been found on the web!

MISSING CHAPTER CREATIVITY FOUND! 32 PAGES !

There's cool stuff on paradigm shifting, surrealism, and an overview of the creative process with a cool chart for you to follow in your creative quest. And lots of pictures. Did you know that live action is only a special case of animation, just like Newtonian physics is only a special case of Einstein's theory of relativity?

Look for the tab- Why We Create


Actually when I wrote the book, I wrote too many words and created to many pictures. So some of it had to be cut, and we decided to put it up on the web. It's actually one of my most fun chapters. It gets a little crazy. You'll also find video of the finished film from the book and the storyboard animatic for the film. And video drawing tutorials and gesture reference with me acting it out! Oh, and check out the inspiring audio journey's my friend, Toni Pace, recorded.

The Animator's Eye documents the whole process of making an animated film from idea to distributing it on the web. Now with the missing chapter found, it's your complete guide.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to keep analyzing the beats of act 2 of Back to the Future...


No comments:

Post a Comment