Jasmine's pond of dreams

Jasmine's pond of dreams

Friday, January 4, 2013

How do you map a story? Storyteller's Log 1-4-2013

In the last post I told you that my previous post had disappeared. I still haven't found it. But the truth is that I never actually wrote it.

In the post before that, I told you that I would tell you about my 12th criteria for a good story theory- that it have psychological depth, but that's the post I didn't write.

But in the last post I talked about, "What if the character's journey mirrored the psychological process of change?" But wait, if that's the case, then I did talk about the 12 criteria,  and then didn't I meet your expectation, of talking about psychological depth as a criteria, but just not in the way you expected?

Isn't that what we do as storytellers? Meet our audience's expectations but not in the way they expect?


So was I lying or telling the truth? Is there a missing post?

Or am I demonstrating a structural approach? My goal is to teach you to bring your audience to life. I want to teach you every trick in the book to get there. And I will provide a map. But to prepare for that, I'll leave you with a question.

What should a good story theory map?




No comments:

Post a Comment